Spring 2020 Pre-Natal Program
February 24th - April 27th
6 - 8 pm
5228 Hwy 7, Suite 203
2020 Pre-School Screenings
Take advantage of a great “free” opportunity to have your child(ren) screened for speech language, hearing and school readiness skills before they enter pre-primary/primary . Testing will be happening right in “Our Community”!
But what other positives should I consider when deciding to screen or not screen? These include:
- Fabulous experience for a child to have in a play-based setting.
- Needed experience for the Dalhousie students as some have not worked with the preschool age.
- Rules out any parental concerns about your child’s speech language development, hearing ability (most children have not had a hearing screening since birth) and school readiness skills especially since the implementation of the Pre-Primary Program is in many of our schools.
- Parents will receive a mini-report and any needed referrals will be directed to the appropriate professionals.
- Gives families a “snap shot” of their child’s development on the day.
- Early detection is key for faster services (if required - why wait longer than needed).
ESFRA has been privileged to be the only Family Resource Centre to have this partnership with Dalhousie School of Communication Sciences & Disorders, now going into our 15th year.